Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:57:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fifo kqfilter change in rev. 1.54?

Hi,
I'm currently testing stuff on NetBSD kqueue branch, and came over
FreeBSD change in rev. 1.54 of src/sys/fs/fifofs/fifo_vnops.c .

I can't figure out what this change exactly fixes, since
things seem to work fine without the change - the code on NetBSD
kqueue branch uses still fi_readsock always, and this seems to work
fine for both EVFILT_READ and EVFILT_WRITE.

At the very least, I believe the change should have been to use fi_writesock
for EVFILT_READ and fi_readsock for EVFILT_WRITE. Then the explicit
added sorwakeup() calls would probably not be necessary, since the
wakeup would be done by generic code.[*]
But in any case, using fi_readsock should be fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for reply,

Jaromir

P.S. I also believe the added so?wakeup() calls should use fi_readsock
     in one case and fi_writesock in the other, not fi_writesock
     in both cases.
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/