Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 17:17:45 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        "Mark S. Velasquez" <msv@arisia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling Sendmail 8.8.5

Mark S. Velasquez scribbled this message on Mar 31:
> I've been trying to install Sendmail 8.8.5(yes I know, I'm running behind
> schedule), and get the following errors( this is on FreeBSD 2.1.5<slap>,
> yeah I know, I should upgrade, with bind 4.9.5):
>
> conf.o: Undefined symbol `_setproctitle' referenced from text segment

these are in libutil.. add -lutil to the link flags...  also.. one easy way
to find where symbols are, is to do something like "nm /usr/lib/lib*.a | more"
and then /nametofind... after it comes up.. Back up until you see the lib
name..

> If any one can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
> TIA

hope this helps... ttyl..

--
John-Mark

Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)