Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 23:04:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scanner <scanner@webspan.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSDcon

			*** B  S  D  -  C  O  N ***

Who/What: BSDNET(1) is proud to announce the first annual BSDcon
convention. Held this year in Virginia. BSDcon is going to be a yearly
convention to promote, discuss, and trade ideas and code about FREE *BSD
unix. Everyone has there own conference, SA's, Geeks, even the L****
people have them. Now the founding OS of unix, needs to take advances in
PR, and promoting *BSD unix. So we wind up with BSDcon.

When: October 26th and 27th. The weekend before halloween. 1996.

Where: Hotel soon to be announced.

Why: To promote the use of FREE *BSD unix, and to actually start spreading
FACTUAL information about *BSD unix, and about performance and
architecture issues that the other free unix camps can't seem to stick to.

Topics to be discussed are coming soon. This is just a pre-amble to the
official release of BSDcon information. This is just to get people to
clear their calandar for the above date :)

Those of you wishing more information before I get around to releasing the
OFFICIAL announcment later on, wanting to know about speakers, topics,
etc.. can email me at bsdcon@webspan.net for further pre release
information.

I hope everyone plans on attending! It is going to be very informative,
and everyone is going to have a blast!

Official release is soon to come.

Scanner@webspan.net

1 - http://www.bsdnet.org

--

===================================| Webspan Inc., ISP Division.
  FreeBSD 2.1.0 is available now!  | Phone: 908-367-8030 ext. 126