Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:56:10 -0600
From:      Drew Raines <drew-public@poured.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sharing calendars?

Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> writes:

> At 2:52 PM -0500 2002/11/22, Patrick Cable II wrote:
>
>> (I'm in the process of implementing a qmail/vpopmail/etc solution)
>
> At the very least, if you do decide to continue with qmail, make
> sure you turn off softupdates for that filesystem.

By ``that'' filesystem, he means /var/qmail/queue.  You can keep
everything else on a vanilla FFS partition.  It's the same
recommendation for any mail queue whose contents you care about.

Brad's just relaying helpful advice from DJB's site:

   http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/reliability.html#filesystems

I'm sure you've already read the FAQ, though, if you're in the
process of implementing the aforementioned scenario.