Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:54:05 -0700
From:      "Seamus.Venasse" <Seamus.Venasse@polaris.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Storing Options

Hi!

Is there a preferred way of storing which options a user selects when
installing a port?  For example, if you have an pkg_install script which
modifies configuration files depending on which user option was selected,
have it so that your pkg_deinstall script unmodifies the existing (ie:
sendmail) configuration files again to the original state.

ie:

make WITH_XXX=yes WITH_YYY=yes install

I would like to store these options, WITH_XXX and WITH_YYY, to some file
that my pkg_deinstall script would "learn" about.  Is there a preferred way,
or am I free to devise my own plan... like create a file in the
${LOCALBASE}/share/doc/{portname} directory?

Thanks,
Seamus