Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:00:46 -0500
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   And the abuse continues...

Usually, in my daily security reports, I get a rejected
mail host about 2-3 times a week. Yesterday, however, I
received multiple attempts to relay from my mta. It looks
like someone who either did not know what they were doing
or was trying to find a way to utilize my mta. Can someone
comment on what these log messages mean?

Checking for rejected mail hosts:
  10 localhost
  10 com
  10 [127.0.0.1]
   7 vmadmin.com
   6 orbz.org
   5 sender.orbz.org [205.231.149.53]
   2 orbz.org"
   2 freebsdportal.com
   2 [63.106.140.202]
   1 orbz.org@freebsdportal.com
   1 orbz.org@[63.106.140.202]
   1 orbz.org"@freebsdportal.com
   1 orbz.org"@[63.106.140.202]
   1 hottermul.ru
   1 LISTSERV.NETWORKPROMOTION.COM
   1 <@freebsdportal.com:relay@orbz.org
   1 <@[63.106.140.202]:relay@orbz.org

I own freebsdportal.com and 63.106.140.202 is mine.
But, I have no connection to orbz.org, hootermul.ru or vmadmin.com.

Thanks
--
Jim Freeze
"Give some people an attoparsec and