Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:02:17 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi

[-- moved over to chat, this is getting kind of off topic in -questions --]

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:56:18AM -0400, dochawk@psu.edu wrote:
> Duke dribbled,
>
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:13:45AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>
> > > Well, it can be VIM, provided that you first issue
>
> > > 	:set traditional
>
> > Great! and a good tip to boot! I only wish that instead of those
> > embroidered cloth badges, I could have those little metal pins so that i
> > could decorated my hat with. ;)
>
> No problem; we'll run an extra batch.  As a special feature, we'll
> sharpen the point for poking those heretical emacs users . . .

Do I get my life spared if I show you that my ~/.muttrc contains:

	#set editor="emacs --unibyte"

Yes, yes, it's commented out.  I'm not using it.  I really ain't.
Please do not kill me!

Seriously now, both editors have their nice features, their special
functionality that the other one may or may not lack.  Knowing how to use both
is a plus.  Feeling comfortable, whatever the editor, is nice and then you can
choose by your own free will to use the superior one (Emacs :P).

<giorgos>

--
% grep -i emacs ~/.cshrc
setenv EDITOR "/usr/bin/env DISPLAY= emacs --unibyte"