Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:00:49 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd error

in message <200210050749.g957nth4092664@lurza.secnetix.de>,
wrote Oliver Fromme thusly...

> Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> wrote:
>  > I suspected that both -allow-lowercase and -allow-multidot were
>  > implicit in -r, but I had never actually tried it.
>
> No, they're not implicit, but they're not necessary either.
>
> Let me explain ...

thanks for the info.

> You can even go a step further and let mkisofs create Joliet and
> Apple (HFS) extensions on the CD.  You will then have four
> different kinds of directory descriptions on the CD for the same
> content.  The cool thing is that every operating system picks the
> one most suitable for itself.

you forgot to mention one thing that having multiple OS
compatibility layers will result in much lower available space than
expected.

i once tried all those layers & after 500 MB or so, "file system
full" messages were being generated... until somebody clued me in to
use as minimum options to use as possible.  those messages are in
the (-questions, i think) archive somewhere.

  - parv