Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 96 12:04:54 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        hackers%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: Willows

phk@critter.tfs.com writes:
> > Any progress on Willows ??
>
> What >IS< Willows ?

the best thing is to look at http://www.willows.com.

As far as I can tell, it lets you run windows apps under U**X. But
willows.com has a different definition, which is clearly given in
their WEB page.

I played with it a little on the weekend. What I'm currently trying
to complete is an ExecFBSD.c. This is where the LDT stuff is handled.
I started with the ExecLinux.c as an example. Linux' handling of the
LDTs is completely different from the way FBSD does it. So basically
I (or someone) need(s) to write it from scratch.

Other than that I got everything to compile. It just won't link
because of the missing LDT stuff.

BTW, is there going to be a willows mail list or should the willows
discussions be moved to chat ?

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de