Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 2004 00:34:05 -0500
From:      "Eric Crist" <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        "'David Fuchs'" <david@davidfuchs.ca>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [Fwd: /etc/hosts and /etc/host.conf confusion]

[snip]

Have you tried looking at the man page for each?  The command to view
the man page for the above is, respectively:

# man host.conf

# man hosts

# man resolv.conf

This should explain the exact function of each.

In conclusion, read the man page first, and allow more than one hour and
four minutes (1:04:00) between your original message and a bump.  I
don't check the email this list is directed to for a day or so
sometimes.  Some people are very quick to respond, others can take days.
I have, on rare occaisions, waited over a week for a legit response.

Be patient.

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist