Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 12:54:16 +1200
From:      stephen <stevlilley@clear.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help!!

Dear sir or madam,

I wanted to download the FreeBSD but I am totally lost. My system is not
running DOS.

What I have is this. NT server which is my usual platform (what I am
using now as I write this email on netscape). I have NT OS files on a
NTFS partiton, with dual boot operation with Win 95 on the another
partition drive D: so... C: drive is a small 'active' FAT partition for
the system boot files for both operating systems. My PC uses C: to get
started & gives me a choice on what OS I want to use. The other
partitions on this hard drive (FAT & NTFS) house the WIN 95, NT OS files
and my mail etc.

Now I have a second hard drive 504mb completely blank, formatted with
FAT. I intend on installing your version of UNIX  on this drive which I
have called Drive J:. So all I want to do is download FreeBSD off the
net and install it on drive J:

How do I do this nice & simple?

If dual boot is a problem with FREE BSD & my other OS's, I can set drive
J: maually to active before I exit NT. Then the system should boot to
FreeBSD on drive J: and then I should use FDISK on FREEBSD ( if their is
such a command) to switch back into NT & reboot if I wanted to go back
to NT. This is what Microsoft says to do.

I would appreciate very much your help on this. I am new to UNIX & I
figured I had better to get to know more about it so FreeBSD seems like
the correct choice for me.

Cheers

Stephen