Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:07:15 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

In regard to the new Perl version, ports/UPDATING has of course been
changed with some instructions on how to proceed. It includes some real
voodoo which really shows the beauty of Unix. But wouldn't 'portupgrade
-rf perl\*5.8.4' be much simpler? And if the user has a threaded Perl
installed, the command listed in UPDATING won't work.

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--