Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 10:21:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /stand/ee

> Christoph P. Kukulies stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I agree that vi is not available in a standalone situation
> > but after a successful installation or when /usr/bin/vi
> > is available something else (vi) rather than /stand/ee should be
> > chosen. It's vipw and not eepw and not emacspw :-)
>
> Oh yawn.  If you know how to use vi you know how to set EDITOR in
> your .cshrc.  If you don't, then you want something a little more
> intuitive.

That's not my point. Sure I know of the fact that it's defined
by the EDITOR variable in .cshrc. It's just the fact that's
it's still set to ee in .cshrc after a fresh installation
requiring another handediting step to change it back to
something normal.

> Obviously you've never had to give over-the-shoulder vi lessons.

Do you find ee a more intutive editor?
It's better to use and hate vi than to be inefficient with 20 systems.
[Eric Weedaa (BIX), Tucson AZ]