Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:42:38 -0400
From:      "Dragoncrest" <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE 3.2/Xwindows dying strangely without warning

Ok, I can't contribute this to anything I've ever encountered or
something that I'm doing, but it seems that after about 7-10 days KDE
just dies on me.  No crash, no errors, no "I'm gonna shut down".
Nothing.  I will be working along and then suddenly it's just not there.
  It just goes away without a single bit of warning.  So I login under
my user account at the console that's now staring at me and only the
basic processes that should be running just after startup are there, but
not a single Xwindows thing, or anything related to KDE.

Even the logs show nothing.  No core dumps, no memory errors, not even
an Xwindows shutting down message.  It's just like Xwindows and KDE were
never running in the first place.  I can then restart KDE and it goes
back to the same saved state from the last time kde was restarted as
though nothing had happened.  I'm seriously baffled.  This just started
about 2 weeks ago after my last reboot.  Anyone got any ideas?  None of
my other boxes do this, so I'm lacking other systems to use as examples.
 Any help is apreciated.

Here's the apps I have running at the time it goes away/dies.

BitTorrent
Mozilla (for work related webpages)
FireFox (for personal surfing)
XMMS (playing)
Knotes
Klipper
Krusader
Kedit
3 console windows
Gaim
Kmail

That's it.  Nothing that I can think of that might destabalize KDE like
this.  Thanks in advance for your help.