Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:43:50 -0400
From:      "Matt Thomas" <cdt4668@bellsouth.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE is about as stable as windows98

Hello All,

I have been having a problem for quite some time now with FreeBSD bombing
out with a Page Fault 12 error in the kernel.  I have been reading the
list for over a year now and have noticed in the past few months a few
people mention the same problem.  All I have read is that it deals with a
network overflow in the kernel and it is fixed.  I am writing this to say
it is indeed not fixed.  I have noticed the problem since 4.1-RC3 and
still do this very day am having the page fault and reboot on a 4.1-STABLE
cvsup'd yesterday.  I wake up and my computer is sitting there not booted
up waiting for me to say yes to write to the boot record and it is getting
quite annoying.  I cannot keep a BSD system up for only 2 days when my
4.0-STABLE went 100 days uptime no problem.  Someone PLEASE fix this
bug.  I cvsup and make kernels every day hoping it will get rid of this
problem but alas it doesn't.  Page Fault error 12 is kicking my ass and I
have seen other people post this problem buy nothing has come about of
it.  Thanks for your time, please fix my BSD, this is getting quite
annoying.

Matt Thomas