Date:      Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:35:59 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootable CDROM creation system

Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca> writes:
> My company built a tool a few years back for creating a bootable cdrom
> based on a running host FreeBSD 3/4 system, which promptly got shelved and
> forgotten.I recently had to update it for FreeBSD 5 and thought that
> perhaps the community at large could make use it before it gets forgotten
> again.

# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld buildkernel
# mkdir /tmp/cdrom
# make installworld installkernel DESTDIR=3D/tmp/cdrom
# cd /usr/src/etc
# make distribution DESTDIR=3D/tmp/cdrom
# mkisofs -o /tmp/cdrom.iso -r -no-emul-boot -b /tmp/cdrom/boot/cdboot /tmp=
/cdrom
# burncd -s max data /tmp/cdrom.iso fixate eject

did I leave anything out?

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no