Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Chia-Chung Tsay <abo@normanlinux.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssh/openssl issues..

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Chia-Chung Tsay wrote:

> Did anyone know how to resolve this issue?
> I have tried install BSD over and again but didn't
> resolve.
>
> maguro# ssh 192.168.1.2
> ** R_RandomInit: Unable to find an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so).
> ** Install the /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this
> ** program again. See the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located
> at
> ** http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.

you're probably using a disk from before FreeBSD 4.1.1 (4.1 or older).

try updating/rebuilding the sources, or finding RSAREF (a library for the
expired RSA public key algorythm).

i suggest you read the handbook page on updating your sources, and do a
quick make world.

-- jan

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
	     -- Bob Dylan