Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 19:28:16 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine and PeeCee CD's??

Gary Kline wrote:

>    Well, after years of hesitation I've done it: I've sunk to
>    the depths of pond scum and bought myself some language CD's.
>    Of course these CD apps only run under M$***, so it means
>    using my wife's PC.

There are some that are just audio CD's and these play with no
problem. The others have a tight link to your sound card. You listen
and then they copy your speech pattern. That gets a little rougher.

>    But I'm wondering if WINE under SuSE (e.g.) would let me use
>    these CD's here and not fbother with the other toy OS.  Seems
>    to me that since all of the binaries are on the CD that this
>    might be doable.

One of them comes with a product called World Write, which gives you a
silly^H^H^Hmple word processor. It isn't so simple because in the case
of Spanish it converts several keys such as the "' key, which is just
to the left of the enter key, to a two stroke key that creats two
different types of accented letters. The ; key is already the enya
(tilde n).

I thought about wine and then multi-booted to 98se. It pretty well
messes up 98 and no sense taking wine with it.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA