Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 18:31:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        kleung@padc22.pa.dec.com (Kevin Leung)
Cc:        oberman@es.net (Kevin Oberman), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to change BIOS settings on a Thinkpad (ie. i-series 1410)

Kevin Leung babbled:

> I think this applies to most IBM Thinkpad or all, in general for
> access BIOS settings.
>
> 1. Turn on the laptop.
> 2. Right after you hear the beep, press the F1 once.
> 3. A quick moment later, the BIOS screen will show up.

This MAY be standard for ThinkPads, but there's in general little stan-
darization among notebooks.  Some Dells, for instance, use F8, while
others use Fn-F2.  I think I have a really old Dell around here somewhere
that uses a third combination.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to find
that ThinkPads aren't all alike in this.

There's nothing like standardization, and this is nothing like standardi-
zation.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD                 Atarian ordinaire
jdunham@fc.net                                           (512)335-0674 (H)

                              E Pluribus Unix