Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:48:52 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Khaled Moussa <khmoussa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File system is Full

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

On 2007-Oct-03 18:51:06 +0200, Khaled Moussa <khmoussa@gmail.com> wrote:
>  However, I noticed that mounting msdosfs
>on another HD are sucking much of my FBSD HD.

This doesn't make sense.  Mounting another filesystem cannot affect the
contents of root.

>.  It seems that this situation was also connected with the
>upgrade of OOo port which sucks much of HD.

Building and upgrading OOo needs lots of disk space, but none of it
should be in root.  Ports will build in /usr/ports/CATEGORY/NAME/work
by default (you can and probably should change this using WRKDIRPREFIX
in /etc/make.conf).  Portupgrade needs space in /var/tmp for temporary
packages.

>  I would try growfs to add 10G to my file system.

Assuming /home, /tmp, /usr and /var are not part of root, there is no
reason for / to use more than 100-200MB.  Rather than blindly adding
10GB space, I suggest you investigate and correct the underlying problem.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V--