Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 22:37:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Cluster Size

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Michael G. wrote:
> By cluster I was using the minimum data storage size
> measurement used by FAT-16, FAT-32, HPFS, and NTFS.  i.e.
> for a FAT-16 based drive the minimum cluster size is based
> on the size of a FAT partition.  Now USF uses partitions to
> mean the same thing..so I was looking for a cluster
> standard.

I believe that a UFS fragment would correspond to a FAT cluster.
The default value for fragments is 1024 bytes and is independent
of the filesystem size.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com