Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Piotr Sroczynski <piotr@m1.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP & 4.1 Release

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Piotr Sroczynski wrote:
> I know about it but 'ed' in 4.1R doesn't support SMC 8416 in any mode
> set (PnP /not PnP, PIO/shared mem.), because it aways treat 'ed' as
> PnP device and reprogram it on his own. With SMC 8216 (no PnP dev.) I
> haven't any problem.

You're configuring the card using the EZSetup DOS config utility?  You
need to get the right version of the utility and run it with the flags
that tell it to disable PnP on ALL cards in the box.  I've had problems
disabling PnP with the wrong config utility version and wrong flags.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |