Date:      23 Mar 2001 01:35:32 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@looksmart.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to find out audio chipset in a laptop ?

Hi Gang,

	I feel stupid for asking this, but I have been searching the web for a
couple of days to find out the exact audio chip in my laptop (Sharp PC AX20).
All I have found are ac97 / sound blaster comppatible. All I know is it is a
Crystal Sound Studio chip but not which model. Is there anyway of finding this
information out in FreeBSD. I can see nothing in dmesg, I have tried a device
of pcm in my kernel config but to no avail. This is my last hope, I just get
sick of ssh'ing to whichever desktop I am next to to play music etc.

Cheers,

Mark

--
"It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone
underwear."