Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:30:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        marko@uk.radan.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corrupted partition

>Have you tried booting DOS on the first
>drive and running CHKDSK or SCANDISK on the DOS partition on the
>second drive? If not you could try this, it may be able to fix it.

>I suspect Booteasy lives in the MBR, so you could probably try
>formatting the DOS partition on the second drive WITHOUT ``/s''!
>and then copying the files from the first drive (the _only_ system
>files you need are IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS, & COMMAND.COM).

Perfect.  That's exactly what I'm going to do (unless someone
comes up with a really good reason why I shouldn't.)  I'm
going to run SCANDISK.  Hopefully that will fix the problem.
(The truth be known, I totally forgot that SCANDISK even existed.)
If it doesn't, I'm going to re-format the partition (without /S)
and put the system files on it.  Hopefully, I will be able to boot
it.  Assuming that's the case, I'll copy the files from the
mirrored partition on my primary drive and that should be the
end of the problem.

Thanks for the input.

     ... doug