Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:07:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apmd for FreeBSD

In message <19990614203433.A48046@nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: > Feel free to wait for this to be incorporated into -current before you
:
: Do you have plans on doing this?  I was trying to volunteer to take the
: initiative and commit things like this.

At the moment, I have no plans to do this.  iwasaki-san will know when
it is ready.  When and if it is ready to go into -current, I'll be
happy offer any assistance, up to and including committing it it
should iwasaki-san not be able to do it himself.[*]

: I didn't intend for my message to be harsh, but I keep my stand that
: developing for -CURRENT (or a snapshot of -CURRENT, thus avoiding the
: problems if daily keeping up) is desired if one wishes their bits
: incorporated into FreeBSD source tree.

True.  I don't think that he was saying that it is ready to go into
-current yet.  It is ready to be thoughfully reviewed.  I suddenly
find myself with more time to review these things than I thought I
would have.

: > There are many examples in the past that were done first in -stable and
: > then ported to -current after they stablized.  While they were first
: > integrated into -current, but much work were done in -stable.
:
: *IF* they do that.  Where is PAO for -CURRENT then?  PAO has been around
: for a long time.

I think that many things are in the pipeline that will answer this
question...  For example, the PAO/newconfig pccard/cardbuss stuff is
being ported to -current's newbus even as I'm typing this.

[*] I don't know iwasaki-san's gender, but I'm assuming it is male.
If that isn't the case, please forgive my presumption.

Warner

P.S.  If I sound overly harsh, please forgive me.  It has been a long,
surprise filled day: Flakey bugs in the morning, RIF in the afternoon.