Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:08:06 -0800
From:      "Daniel Manesajian" <dmanesajian@nextgig.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   luggable RAID system

Hi list,

I just got on freebsd-hardware, so I apologize if there is a FAQ of
some sort for my questions.

I'm looking for is a reliable 4.3+ FreeBSD pre-built system with the
following configuration:

1) Dual-processor mobo w/Intel processors, at least 933 Mhz
2) at least 1GB memory, 4GB max
3) Built-in hardware RAID (RAID-0 config, this is just for speed),
at least 150GB storage
4) Gigabit ethernet (copper), preferably Intel Pro/1000
5) 1U or 2U form factor is acceptable

In terms of the RAID, it has to be capable of greater than 25
Megabytes per second sustained writing until the drives are full.

Also, if such a thing exists, I would prefer a "luggable" form factor.
In other words, something convenient to carry on planes, cars, etc,
but more rugged than a PC.

Within these constraints, my priorities are:
1) Price
2) Performance
3) Reliability
4) Prettiness

If anyone can send me information on this type of system, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
D-man
Software Engineer, NextGig