Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:29:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        SoftGuitar@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not able to boot (was: Re: dos floppies)

>    No one wil answer my repeated questions so I can not even use my FreeBSD.

	90% of the time the reason your question has not been answered it
because it's not very clear. There is not enough information to provide
good troubleshooting.

>    When I had my BSD installed by a local guy here in Minneapolis he
> installed it so quickly and left without even directions on how to install.

	Yep, FreeBSD installs very
quickly... http://www.freebsd.org/handbook is where you find info on how
to install it. Though the first time I installed, just after 2.2.6 came
out, I didn't read any instructions at all. :)

>    I was able to access root and do teh usual Unix commands etc but then I
> tried to get back on a few days later and now it tells me ."no disk
> found"...please verify that your disk controller is being properly probed at
> boot time.......see hardware guide on document menu for clues on diagnosing
> this type of problem..."

	Ok, do you have IDE, SCSI? What kind of drives? Do you know what
kind of controller you've got? Have you checked all the hardware
connections? Everything nice and tightly plugged in?

						Rick