Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:29:31 +0000
From:      Matt Churchyard <matt.churchyard@userve.net>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vale port naming

>From the little information I can find on the net it seems that valeX:Y is =
the format for a port on a vale switch.
Some examples use vale0:1, others use a letter such as valeA:0. The only de=
tails I can find is a vague reference to a 15/16? character limit, although=
 I don't know whether that applies to just the first part of the whole thin=
g.

Can anyone clarify the valid format for a vale switch/port?
Is there any length or character restriction on X & Y?

Regards
Matt Churchyard