Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 16:36:38 -0500
From:      E.J.Cerejo <ecerejo@zapo.net>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade XFree86-3.3.6? to XFree86-4.X

If you installed using sysinstall then it should be as a distro, use sysinstall again to remove it, just take the check mark out of xfree86 and everything related to it and it should remove it.

I recomend you update your ports first using cvsup and then run pkg_version -c > do_update and this will tell you what needs updating in your machine.  It will create a file "do_update" after you run the above command and it will tell what needs to be updated.  Make sure that XFree86 dependencies are also updated or might end up with two different versions installed.