Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 18:05:12 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Samuel E. Fugarino" <sfugarino@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dial-up problems

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 03:52:51PM -0500, Samuel E. Fugarino wrote:
> I am having problems connecting to my ISP when using Kppp on FreeBSD.
> I am using the same kppp configuration that I using in Linux on the
> same machine which works fine on Linux. My modem dials and connects,
> but pppd times out when logging on to the network. The debug output
> looks like the following:
>
> Mar 1 20:11:37 pppd[4457]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
> Mar 1 20:11:37 Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cuaa2
> Mar 1 20:12:07 Connection terminated, connected for 1 minute

I'm not sure, but it looks like the remote end works fine, except
perhaps for it's authentication.  This probably means that the remote
xtacacsd is temporarily down.  What happens if you try later?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public PGP key: finger keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr