Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 02:27:44 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        mike bueide <mbueide@actcom.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Outbound mail using mutt+sendmail?

mike bueide <mbueide@actcom.net> types:
[snip]
> Is there an easier way to go about all this?  My provider
> doesn't give me a static ip address, so whenever I want to
> be sure the mail gets out, I continually have to:
>
>  1) ifconfig tun0
>  2) nslookup (the ip address given by tun0)
>  3) hostname (value returned by nslookup)

Check out the dynamic dns services. Dyndns.org is free, and I know
people using it. I use tzo.com, which is not free, but gives me more
choice in domain names. You then arrange to run a script after you
connect to the net. It accesses their system and changes the IP
address assigned to your domain name to the one the request came from.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.