Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error in bsd.port.mk?

In article <199907051228.IAA06039@istari.home.net>,
Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@home.net> wrote:
> It appears that "MASTER_SITE_LOCAL" refers to
> ftp.freebsd.org/.../LOCAL_PORTS, but that directory doesn't exist.
>
> Is this an error, or am I doing something wrong?

The directory used to be there.  I don't know when or how it
vanished.

This breaks the build of the modula-3-lib port on -current
systems.  I've put the required distfiles into the parent directory

    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/

for now until this is sorted out.  You can build the Modula-3 stuff
by overriding MASTER_SITE_LOCAL to the above, like this

  MASTER_SITE_LOCAL=ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/ \
    make install

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron