Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:16:48 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ls -al  .zfs/snapshots dir  reboots machine

I am experimenting with zfs.

=20

I have created a snapshot of /tank/samba

=20

#zfs snapshot /tank/samba@justincase

=20

# zfs list  shows the foloowing

=20

NAME                    USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT

tank                    592M  32.6G    18K  /tank

tank/samba              592M  32.6G   592M  /usr/local/samba

tank/samba@justincase      0      -   592M  -

=20

# zpool status

=20

  pool: tank

 state: ONLINE

 scrub: none requested

config:

=20

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM

        tank        ONLINE       0     0     0

          mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0

            da1     ONLINE       0     0     0

            da2     ONLINE       0     0     0

=20

errors: No known data errors

=20

=20

Now I go to /usr/local/samba/.zfs

=20

I do ls -al, I see a directory snapshots.

=20

Now I do cd snapshots.

=20

And now ls -al , system freezes and starts to reboot.

Machine is on remote location so I do not have a console to see where or
whith what message  it reboots.

=20

Regards,

=20