Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 19:13:46 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More commerial support for FreeBSD - programming IDE

> WipeOut - Integrated Development Environment
> http://www.softwarebuero.de/products.html#WIPEOUT
>
> WipeOut is the Integrated Software Development Environment for
> Linux and other Unix systems. It supports C, C++, Java(tm), Eiffel
> and Fortran. WipeOut consists of several components, which are in
> part front ends for existing tools like CVS, GDB, MAKE, several
> compilers and the JDK. Together the components are a complete
> programming environment, which supports you and your team writing,
> managing, analizing and testing the source code of your projects.
> WipeOut is extensible and available for several UNIX platforms.
> The Standard Edition ist free for non-commercial use.
>

> They have evaluation binaries for FreeBSD.

Hmm, I wonder if they tested them?  You need to create another symbolic
link (they have an 'a' on the end of one of the shared library names).

I don't like the editor (far too stupid for my tastes), but this looks
pretty neat.

Another nice environment (less integrated) is Visual SlickEdit, which
runs under Linux emulation.  (http://www.slickedit.com).  You need to
brand the binaries because everything is static, although I have
suggested to them that branding the binaries out of the box would be a
good idea (installation is difficult without this).  They weren't
entirely opposed to the idea.