Date:      Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:21:16 -0900
From:      Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash no longer displayed in Firefox

--nextPart9989002.LLeB4PYRuR

On Saturday 10 December 2005 07:10 am, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:36:28 -0800
>
> "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good information!  To automate this with portmanager you can add
> > the following two lines to pm-020.conf:
> >
> > #below must be on one line
> > STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm
> > STOP|-R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
> > -s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|
>
> YEAH, the information is good, except for the symlinked browser_plugins.
> You should not do this. That is, when I'd done this this week, mozilla
> wouldn't start anymore. Error 76 on X. It stook me quite some time to
> find out that the symlinked plugins dir was to blame. I removed the
> browser_linux_plugins and mozilla worked again. All plugins just are in
> browser_plugins. Having a REAL browser_linux_plugin dir does not harm
> the system.

I'm running Firefox and don't have Mozilla on any of my boxes. The idea for=
=20
the symlink was so plugins would install in the proper directory and save=20
several steps in having to move them. Seems the proper thing would be to ju=
st=20
remove the symlink after installing pluginwrapper. In a perfect world that=
=20
port would just be patched to do the right install (including paths), but=20
that is beyond my programming abilities.

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech@gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com