Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:08:41 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, andrewr  <andrewr@slack.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ssh clients available for other platforms

>> For a 30 day trial copy, go to www.datafellows.com and hed to their
>> download section. You can get a m$ copy of ssh client there.
>
> We bought a half dozen of these, and all I can say is they're buggier
> than snot.  Compression doesn't work if turned on, it hogs all the CPU
> on the machine (but does nothing) much of the time, and crashes the box
> occasionally.
>
> Their M$ product is *NOT* recommended.

For what it's worth, I have been using their ssh client for MacOS, and
it works pretty well.  It does not seem buggy, although the app is not
as featureful as standard *telnet* clients (things like BetterTelnet or
Versaterm).  It even seems to work pretty well with MacX, which is very
nice.  Still, once BetterTelnet has ssh support, I'd probably tend to
use that instead of the F-Secure (datafellows) product.

Sorry about yet-another thread topic on this tangent to the FreeBSD
security how-to.  I think that How-To deserves more kudos than the
datafellows ssh client (particularly on freebsd mailing lists!), but
it just seemed appropriate to mention that I've had much better luck
with their MacOS product than people have apparently had with their
Windows-based product.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute