Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:12:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, davidg@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern vfs_subr.c

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > The one reason I can think of for shutting down sup access to -stable
> > would be if you want to free up all the disk space that's currently
> > needed for the checked-out copy on the server.
>
> That would be nice, yes.  Perhaps then we should simply say "CTM only"
> since CTM is a good way of distributing bits which don't change
> frequently.

Am I confused?  If you would distribute it via CTM, then you'd still need
that checked out copy of -stable, for CTM to diff against, right?  Of
course, it would mean less ftp and machine time load ...

Jordan, I see your port of rsync builds fine, are you going to commit it?
Do you have any plans to test it?  Would you mind if I did?

> 					Jordan

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |