Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:46:17 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDROM image

#define quoting(Mike Smith)
// > > They've split it into smaller files. Thank God.
// >
// > I don't think I'd be interested in doing this, but I might be willing
// > to just put the raw images that I use up for FTP.  The way I see it,
// > if you're a sophisticated enough user that you're burning your own
// > CDROMs, you're smart enough to use ftp reget if your connection dies
// > in the middle. ;-)
//
// The only people I see actually finding this useful are those that are :
//
//  - sophisticated enough to have a CD burner and some hope of driving it
//  - too short on resources to cut their own release
//  - too stupid to wait a little while and *buy* the damn disk when it
//    is released by WC

Don't forget those with the burner, too sloppy to learn how to make
release (is it really easy now ?) and living in a country with
stupid import taxes and (snail) mailing system.  (ME !!!)

Just for the sake of my curiosity, would it work to make a symlink to
/dev/rcd0c and leave the CD in drive ?

// I think we could save these three guys some effort by buying them a
// beer and stealing their hardware.

Change beer for some cola, and we may deal.  :)

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br