Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 1996 23:55:01 -0700
From:      Leonard Chung <Leonard@pacbell.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems installing ports

At 09:50 PM 9/2/96 -0700, Doug White wrote:
[snip]
>> test: not found
>
>Somehow /stand and /bin aren't in your path.  Check your path and try
>again.

Hmm.  I checked my .profile and .cshrc files and both seem to be fine.  Both
path and PATH are set correctly, although I noticed that sysctl reports a
variable "user.cs_path" to not include /stand.  What is the difference
between path, PATH, and user.cs_path?  Any other ideas on what may be the
problem?  Here's some extra info on my current path and privs.

sandbox# echo $path
/sbin /usr/sbin /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /stand
sandbox# echo $PATH
/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/stand
sandbox# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) groups=0(wheel), 2(kmem), 3(sys), 4(tty),
5(operator), 20(staff), 31(guest)

Leonard
--
Leonard Chung <Leonard@eff.org>
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online        ()