Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:38:59 -0800
From:      "Edwin D. Vinas" <xmisoy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to setup DNS server and making sub-domains in DSL server

Hi,
 I need your help please.
On my personal FreeBSD server connected to an ISP with static IP address,
I'm planning to setup several websites with their own sub-domains from my
main domain as shown below. I just want to know some answers to my question=
before I start.
 Main domain: www.exampledomain.ph <http://www.exampledomain.ph>;
Sub-domains:
sub1.exampledomain.ph <http://sub1.exampledomain.ph>;
 sub2.exampledomain.ph <http://sub2.exampledomain.ph>;
 sub3.exampledomain.ph <http://sub3.exampledomain.ph>;
 I want to use BIND together with my Apache virtual hosting in one single
FreeBSD machine.
 These are my questions:
1) Is it correct that I only need to register or pay for the main domain?
2) Is it correct that through my local DNS server, I can add sub hosts (sub=
1
to sub3) without anymore registering those sub domains and pay for them in
my main domain provider?
3) Provided that I already have successfully setup my local DNS server,
Apache virtual hosting and main domain activated, is it straightforward tha=
I can already access the sub domains (i.e., websites) from the Internet?
4) Do I need to register sub1, sub2 and sub3 in any external domain
provider?
5) Can you provide some sample configs if you are already doing this setup?
  Thank you in advance!
- Misoy