Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 00:30:14 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beginners with bsd

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 09:33:29AM +0000, Rasputin wrote:

> I've been running FreeBSD since 4.0-RELEASE , and at first was horrified
> to realise there was nowhere like linuxdoc.org to learn about it.
>
> After asking on the newsgroup for help and being referred to the manpages,
> I was amazed to find they hold useful information on this platform.

This is one of the most important reasons why I chose to stick with FreeBSD.
That, and the cvs-all messages that showed both code and documentation being
updated at the same time and staying most of the time in sync (of course,
I'm talking about -STABLE here).

> Unlike (R**h**) Linux, where
>
> 'this manpage is no longer maintained - we just like installing files'
>
> seems to be the most common entry.

What can anyone say about an OS where the manpages are considered something
`extra' that is not part of the system itself? *sigh*

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >