Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 18:16:33 -0500
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        bleach@bellsouth.net (W.L. Leach)
Subject:   Re: dual booting on the IWILL P55XUB

On Apr 3, 10:44am, Gary Kline wrote:
> Subject: dual booting on the IWILL P55XUB
>
> 	After last night, I'm beginning to think that to get
> 	both Debian and FreeBSD booting _without changing the
> 	Adaptec BIOS settings on my IWILL P55XUB_  is going to be
> 	impossible.
>
> 	First, trying to de-install lilo fails.  At least I
> 	kept getting the ``LI'' (infinite hang) sequence.
>
> 	Does anybody on the list have an equivalent hardware
> 	configuration?  Multiple SCSI drives: Linux rooted on
> 	the first drive, FBSD on the second?
>

> --
>    Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix

>-- End of excerpt from Gary Kline

Gary,

Try this as root using a DOS boot disk with fdisk on it.  Boot from the DOS
disk and run fdisk /MBR.  This will clear the MBR of LILO.  Then try to install
booteasy from the CDROM.  Boot Linux from the boot floppy and install LILO on
the Linux root partition and make the Linux root partition bootable.  This
should make the Linux partition visable to boot easy.

Will have a closer look at this later.

Frank