Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:37:03 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        John Levine <johnl@iecc.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS Flag Day

On 1/21/19 6:01 PM, John Levine wrote:

> I don't know, but why don't you upgrade to a more recent BIND?  It's not hard.

Time (or lack thereof), mainly.

It's probably not a long work to upgrade BIND on a dozen servers
(assuming everything goes straight, obviously), but that's also true of
several other softwares.
Upgrading them all would require a LOT of time: I just upgrade something
when it's needed or the new version brings some tangible advantage.

I'm just trying to see if this is the case with BIND (before I risk
breaking things for no reason).

  bye & Thanks
	av.