Date:      14 Jun 2002 20:21:46 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, dnelson@allantgroup.com, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xscreensaver-gnome-4.05 install fails

--=-j8CaUY45cKo5XAthdY4c

Hi Guys,
   Okay, I ran:
cp /etc/defaults/make.conf /etc/make.conf

then edited make.conf to show:
# By default, the ports collection attempts to use XFree86 3.3.X.  If
# you are running XFree86 4.X, uncomment this line.
#
XFREE86_VERSION=3D        3

However, Kevin, running pkg_version -v | grep XFree86 didn't return
anything:
# pkg_version -v | grep XFree86
#=20

sigh.., What else could I do in this case? I'm not entirely sure how to
determine for sure the version of XFree86-3.3.6 I have here. I *do* know
for a fact that I did not ever change to XFree86-4x, though.

Stacey