Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:36:00 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Perttu Laine <plaine@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: route how to?

On Nov 11, 2005, at 12:15 PM, Perttu Laine wrote:
> I'd like to add route to my computer so one ip would be forwarded to
> "/dev/null". So all other connections would work normally, but
> connection to
> for example 192.168.10.1 <http://192.168.10.1>; would not work. How
> can this
> be done? And I propably need same for IPv6 too. I'd like to this
> with route
> instead of firewall 'cause this is temporary and kernel of that
> computer
> don't have pf enabled at the moment.

It's better to use a firewall than routing to block traffic, but you
want to use one of these flags:

      -reject    RTF_REJECT     - emit an ICMP unreachable when matched
      -blackhole RTF_BLACKHOLE  - silently discard pkts (during updates)

Something like:

route add 192.168.10.1 localhost -reject

> Oh. And if I add this route, how can delete it later?

route delete 192.168.10.1

--
-Chuck