Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:23:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't resolve name - Unknown Host

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BD962E.1CB61940

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Frank Griffith wrote:
> But when I want to ping a computer on the Internet, unless I know the
> IP address, I'm out of luck. For example if I ping 206.66.36.12, I get a
> reply. But if I ping www.airmail.net, I get the unknown host error
> message. Can someone tell me how to get the FreeBSD machine to

First, please don't send HTML to mailing lists.

Second, edit /etc/resolv.conf and tell the system who your
name servers are.  Format is

domain your.isps.domain
nameserver 123.123.123.123
nameserver 123.123.123.321

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01BD962E.1CB61940--