Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 17:18:15 -0500
From:      "Adrian Chadd" <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Julian's source IP address spoofing - code review requested

2009/1/8 Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>:

> I see you always call ether_demux when a packet is moved up..

s/you/you/ :)

This is all your stuff IIRC, I just ported and commented as required.

> hopefully that will also work if an interface is NOT ethernet?

this is why i left the ethernet bridge interception stuff out in a
seperate diff.
I'll commit it only once I've spoken to bridge-cluey people and have
their blessing.

> hey I know I originally wrote this but it's been a while and
> I must say I was following tracks made by others, and we
> are using aonly a subset of possible hardware...

Well, its entirely possible this stuff will be deployed in two scenarios:

* where its all done at the IP layer, eg policy routing, IPFW
* where its being done as part of a transparent ethernet bridge

> FYI we will probably switch to a single netgraph node that
> does bridging and filtering combined in 7.x :-)

That'd certainly be nicer. ;)

About the only thing I'm looking to add to this later on is to flesh
out IPv6 source address spoofing too, just in case V6 catches on.

Adrian