Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 12:37:49 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND8

--=====================_153307534==_.ALT

>I am using BIND8 for DNS.
>I am running a primary Domain of it at the moment.I would like to add
>another primary domain to it.
>
>HOW?
>
>Do I just create a file in the /etc/namedb/pri/ dir like "newdomain.com",
>and copy the contents of the other domain info in there and edit it, or is
>there some kind of script you can run where you just enter a few setting
>sin and it creates a automatic file for you?

If you're running multiple primaries, then rsync is used to distribute the
named.conf and zone files from a primary master to the other masters.

The www.ISC.org 's BIND users list is active and helpful as the prmary
support list for BIND.

Len

--=====================_153307534==_.ALT

DNS.</font><br>
moment.I would like to add another primary domain to it.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
dir like &quot;newdomain.com&quot;, and copy the contents of the other
domain info in there and edit it, or is there some kind of script you can
run where you just enter a few setting sin and it creates a automatic
If you're running multiple primaries, then rsync is used to distribute
the named.conf and zone files from a primary master to the other masters.
The <a href="http://www.isc.org/" eudora="autourl">www.ISC.org</a> 's
BIND users list is active and helpful as the prmary support list for
BIND.<br>
Len<br>