Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:16:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        cc@137.org, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: incorrect irqs with pci devices

> > > They are on my box, where incorrect is defined as the interrupts not
> reaching
> > > their supposed destination.  I would really like to fix this, but I don't
> > > know enough about exactly what is wrong.  Any ideas would really be
> > > appreciated, as I would like to remove my disgusting hack. :)
> > >
> > > I have an AMI raid controller that the system reports that it is on irq 11.
> > > The problem is that the interrupts actually go to irq 17.  If I hard wire
> > > them with

The irq 11 you saw in the system report (care to share with us what kind of
report that was) must be for the PIC compatible mode. When the IO APIC is
in the symmetric I/O mode, the interrupt should be routed through pin #17
of the IO APIC (that is if mptable is correct). If the interrupt was still
routed to pin #11, then your mptable (BIOS) must be broken. Try to find out
if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard. As far as I can
tell, our code is correct.

-lq