Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 1996 22:33:39 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Caching

Hi,

>BTW, I have using the names (Orion, Natoma, whatever), I like the numbers.
>Tyan is asking folks about getting the last of their 430 based boards,
>because they say Intel isn't going to make the 430 series anymore.  I

they must mean the original triton, ie the 430FX, the 430HX will be
around awhile.

>haven't seen anything real using the 450K/G X yet, so I guess everthing is
>going to be 440.  If Tyan is to be believed, that is.

that's a flavor of orion, I believe still with certain basic flaws.
ASUS P/E-P6RP7D uses it.

---
>From the intel website:

The phrase Orion DT is not an Intel product name.
 The correct product name is Intel 450KX PCIset.

The phrase Orion ST is not an Intel product name.
 The correct product name is Intel 450GX PCIset.

The phrase Triton FX is not an Intel product name.
 The correct product name is Intel 430FX PCIset.

The phrase Triton II is not an Intel product name.
 The correct product name is Intel 430HX PCIset.

The phrase Triton VX is not an Intel product name.
 The correct product name is Intel 430VX PCIset.
( some people like to call this one the triton III )

( I couldn't find the name 'natoma' but it refers to the 440FX )

---
Also a 440fx PPro board:
http://www-cs.intel.com/oem_developer/motherbd/pr_ds.htm

--